"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."
- John Dewey
1. In 2012 I will model authentic learning for my students by learning alongside them.
2. In 2012 I will do my best to treat the questions, ideas, and insights of my students with the respect they deserve.
3. In 2012 I will open my heart to receiving feedback from students, parents, colleagues, and supervisors.
4. In 2012 I will demand of myself that I go the extra step(s) helping my students and peers mature and grow.
5. In 2012 I will break down the walls of my classroom so that the outside world can infiltrate with the hopes that my classroom will then transform the outside world.
6. In 2012 I will partner with students, parents, and fellow educators in a covenant of learning with the individual student at the center.
7. In 2012 I will champion the cause of Jewish education by demanding that Jewish studies be relevant, inspiring, nourishing, engaging, and joyful.
8. In 2012 I will sing, laugh, play, dance, and chill with my students.
9. In 2012 I will view the Jewish holidays through new eyes and with renewed energy.
10. In 2012 I will bring the fullness of my humanity into my work as a Jewish educator so that I might be more fully human (loving, caring, aware, thoughtful, passionate, intentional, reflective, kind) through my work as a Jewish educator.